Over the years, with more and more people migrating towards big cities, the culture of flats and apartments has flourished due to space constraints. Just like Vastu for homes, there is Vastu for flats and apartments as well. Considering the Vastu guide for flats is very important as it helps in correcting the energy flow in your house. Though builders also follow apartment Vastu but as a resident following flat Vastu is of equal importance.
In this post, we have compiled the Vastu tips for apartments as well as Vastu guidelines for buying property. Learn about these Vastu tips for flats which might save you from approaching Vastu consultancy services.
Vastu Remedies for Flat / Apartments
Here are some important Vastu remedies for apartments which you can follow in order to reduce the bad effects:
- If there is an extended corner in your apartment then place aromatic plants in the window in North West direction.
- If the distance between stove and sink is less then you can put Vastu strips on the wall.
- If toilet pot faces West or East then placing three Vastu strips on the wall is recommended.
- Keep Vastu salt in four corners of the house for better energy.
Vastu for Apartments Facing South
The apartments that face South are of great importance as per Vastu Shastra. Though, flats or homes that face South are considered inauspicious but they can be made auspicious by following the follow Vastu Shastra tips for apartments facing south:
- Placement of the main door or entrance should be in the centre of the south direction.
- Make sure that the entrance door is the largest in the house.
- Always have the master bedroom in the South-West direction.
- Other bedrooms should be in the North-West direction.
- Avoid having a kitchen in South-West direction.
- Face East or West while cooking in the kitchen.
Vastu Tips for Buying New Flat
Before buying a flat, it is very important to keep in mind the following Vastu tips for apartment to avoid making a wrong choice:
- Avoid flats constructed in North-East or South-West direction
- Always ensure that the drainage system is in the West, North or North-West direction
- If there is a balcony then its slope should always be towards East or North direction
- Avoid buying flats that have balconies in the South direction, go for flats that have balconies in North or East direction
- If you are buying a penthouse with a room on the terrace then it should be on the South-West corner
- Rectangle or square shaped flats are considered the best
- Avoid buying flats that have kitchen or toilet in the North-East corner
- Vastu tips for pooja room in flats suggest having pooja room in North or East direction
- Go with flats that have windows in North or East direction
Vastu for Flat Number
Numerology along with Vastu plays an important role in influencing our lives. We must always calculate the number for our name which can be worked out by adding the respective numbers of all the alphabets in our name. And in the same way, the total of the all the digits in a flat number can be used in order to derive the total. The closer the flat number and name is, the better it is considered.
Read also: Vastu Tips For Home
Best Vastu Tips for Apartment Entrance
Entrance forms an important part of any house because it is responsible for bringing positive energy into your house. We have listed few Vastu tips for flat entrance that should always be kept in mind:
- It is always a good idea to have an entrance in the North direction as it brings success and happiness to the people staying in the house.
- If your flat has a South facing entrance then you must make sure that the main entrance is the biggest in size and is placed in the centre of the South direction.
Placement of Master Bedroom in a Flat
The master bedroom is an important room as the head of the family sleeps in that room. Here are some important Vastu guidelines for placement of master bedroom:
- South-West corner is the perfect direction for a master bedroom
- North-East is the most inauspicious direction for a master bedroom
- Sleep with head positioned in South or East direction
Right Location to Have Kitchen in a Flat
Shared below are some important points in relation with the right location for kitchen in a flat:
- South-East is the best direction to have the kitchen
- The next best preference to have kitchen is North-West
- You must preferably face East while cooking
- Never have the kitchen facing the entrance of the flat
Vastu Tips for Balcony in a Flat
Balconies are significant in a house as they are the place from where maximum energies enter in your home. Here are some points worth considering:
- East or North are considered to be the best directions to have balconies
- Fresh air and natural light from North, East direction keep the energies positive
- Always avoid flats which have balconies in South or West direction
Vastu Guidelines for Toilet in Flat
Follow the tips for Vastu for flat toilet to ensure that the placement of toilet is right:
- The best direction to have toilet is North-West
- Direction of toilet seat should be North-West or South-East
- Toilet windows should open in East or North
With these Vastu Shastra tips for apartment, you can have positive energy in your flat.