As per Vedic astrology, Pitra dosha is a bad combination. It is not a curse of the ancestors but it is a debt of the ancestors which is a result of bad deeds done by them and is required to be paid by the present generation. This debt can be paid either by facing all the punishments and suffering or by doing good deeds which can help in softening the effect of punishments. Also when a person has committed bad deeds in the previous life will suffer from Pitra Dosha. Therefore, we can say that Pitra Dosha is the result of bad karmas and has its effect on coming generations. It is considered bad because it brings along lot of sufferings and disturbances in life.
Identifying Formation of Pitra Dosha in Kundali
People often get very scared when they get to know that their horoscope has Pitra Dosha in it. But it is extremely important to first identify that whether your kundli has this dosha or not. Here are some of the points which must be considered in reaching on to a conclusion:
- Placement of bad Sun in 5th or 9th house with Rahu and Ketu
- When Rahu and Sun are present in the same house and Rahu is stronger
- Sun is closely conjunct with Rahu and Ketu in the same house and within five degrees
- Sun is conjunct with Rahu and Ketu without afflicted by Jupiter then Pitra Dosha becomes more intense.
Pitra Dosha in Our Purans
As given in the Brahma Puran, the Lord of Death, Yamraj gave all the souls the permission to eat the food that is prepared by their children on Krishna Paksh of Ashwin month which is popularly known as Shraad. This is considered as a very important time as children perform Pirta pooja for the departed souls. And those who fail to perform Shraad suffer from “Pitra Dosha” because the Pitras are not pleased with them as they failed to offer them food during Shraad.
Facts Related with Pitra Dosha
Pitra Dosha in Vedic Astrology is considered as a bad yoga. Pitra stands for father or forefather. Sun is considered as father in astrology. Therefore, whenever Sun is afflicted by a malefic planet, in that case there is Pitra Dosha in the horoscope. The intensity, results and type of Pitra Dosha is subjective to the afflicting planet.
You may be interested to read: Ketu Mahadasha in Vedic Astrology
Effects of Pitra Dosh
You can very well know whether someone has Pitra Dosha in his or her horoscope or not by studying different effects of this yoga:
- Delay in marriage of your child
- Problem in your own married life or that of your children
- Repeated miscarriages or problems in conception
- Any kind of mental abnormality in the child
- Sudden death in the family
- Hurdles in education
- Delay in career growth
- Financial problems in life of your child or yourself
- Inherited diseases or long term illness
- Birth of unwanted or unhealth child
- Disputes in the family
- Any kind of addiction
- Always under debt
Pitra Dosh Nivaran Ke Upay
Here are some of the nirvaranas to ease Pitra Dosha. Following these remedies can reduce the intense effects of this combination:
- Mantras to Recite: Recite these two mantras:
Om namoh bahgwatey wasudevaye (ओम् नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय)
Ohm Shree Sarva Pitra Dosh Nivarnaay Kaleshm Han Han Sukh Shantim Dehi Fat Svahaa:
- Take responsibility of marrying a girl, preferably from a poor family
- Regularly offer prayers and worship Lord Vishnu
- Pitras accept offerings like donations, water and food. Offering these things to forefathers when the Sun is placed in Kanya Sankranti.
- Make offerings during the 15 days period of Shraad which come once in a year and are considered to be the best time to make offerings to pitras every year. It is very important to make offerings to the Brahmins with dedication.
Easy Home Remedies for Pitra Dosh
Given below are some home remedies that are very effective in relaxing the intense effects of Pitra Dosha:
- On every Amavasya, offer food, clothing and wealth to the Brahmins
- Feed the poor on some specific days
- Feed the crows
- Give water to Banayan tree
These are some facts, remedies and effects of Pitra Dosha. Always remember that good deeds never go waste and therefore, we can always make our lives better by doing all the good we can.