Constructing a new house is not an easy job. Right from purchasing the plot to finalizing the layout to constructing it and doing the interiors, there is so much time, effort and money that goes into it. And because it is a home that you have always dreamt of, you want to make it the best in everything. That’s why it is important to know Vastu tips for home construction to have a home that is perfect in every way. For that you can hire a Vastu consultant or a Vastu expert online, who can guide you through house design according to Vastu Shastra or tell Vastu remedies for home interiors.
This post shares lots of Vastu expert tips to follow while constructing your house. Keep reading to build a home that ensures happiness and success for you.
Vastu Tips for Construction of House
Here are some tips as per Vastu for starting house construction and Vastu for construction of new house that are important to keep in mind and follow:
- The plot should be a square or rectangle.
- Always enter the plot from the direction where you plan to have your main gate.
- Ensure that the slope of the plot is towards North or East direction.
- Make sure that all the four directions of the plot are at 90 degrees as unequal corners are not considered good.
- Just after the bhoomi-poojan of the plot, move ahead with the construction of water tank in North or North-East direction. This is important for wealth and prosperity.
- The building of foundation should start from North-East and then proceed towards South-West.
- Construction of pillars and walls should start in West or South as these directions are suppose to be higher than the remaining area of construction.
- During the process of construction, make sure that sand, bricks and other material related to construction is not kept in North-East direction as it leads to problems in construction.
- Avoid keep construction tools in North-West direction as this also leads to delays in construction.
- Construction of ceiling or RCC must first happen in South or West direction and last in North-West direction.
- POP work should start from South-West direction.
- Always construct a store facing South-West to have harmony and peace in relationships. Keeping things related with construction during construction in this corner also help you save money.
- Construct main door on East, North East or North corner.
- Avoid having a very big main door as it brings along health troubles.
- Have kitchen in South East or North West direction.
- Staircase should be in South, West or South West direction.
- Balconies should in North, East or North East.
- Parking should be created in North East cellar.
- Leave open area in North and South and use it for creating lawn.
Read also: Vastu Guidelines For Buying Property
Best Time to Start House Construction Vastu
According to Vastu for construction of new house, four months as per Hindu calendar are considered auspicious:
- Chaitra Maas (March-April)
- Vaishakh Maas (April-May)
- Kartik Maas (October- November)
- Maagh Maas (January- February)
Check This Also: Vastu Shastra Tips for Buying a House
Easy Vastu Remedies for Home Interiors
Whether you have or you don’t have a house design according to Vastu Shastra, here are some remedies to set your home interiors right. Follow these remedies for better spaces:
- While you cook or eat, never face South as it will lead to health problems.
- While sleeping, never have your legs facing South as it again leads to multiple problems. Sleeping with head pointing in South is certainly a good choice.
- Avoid sleeping on beds made of metals.
- Your bed should never face mirror.
- Make sure that you don’t have any storage or clutter under bed.
- Place Tulsi plant in North-East corner of your house for better health.
- Never perform any activity under the beam as it has adverse effects on health.
- Make sure that the doors of the house open inside out.
- Always have rectangle doors in the house.
- East of the house should always be kept well ventilated.
Benefits of Vastu Shastra
If you follow Vastu for home construction or for any other property then it comes with its own benefits. Here are some:
- Better flow of energy
- Peace and happiness
- Wiser use of space
- Better placement of things
- Avoidance of common mistakes
- Positivity around
- Prosperity and success
- Cordial relationships and better understanding